When we started this conversation I thought it might be something we could call "Hyper-Local" however the issues that are raised by my guest Sarah Trone-Garriott are much larger than simply those of Iowa State Senate District 22. Here you'll learn more about her and her family. The struggles many are facing and we'll talk about responsibility and leadership moving forward. Click through...and meet Sarah for Iowa.
Ever wonder where the disconnect is? Stocks rallied today while 32% of Americans missed making their July housing payment. Here are the stories we've got for you today:
- That housing story is a shocker;
- Americans are moving and why;
- Mortgage rates hit an all time low;
- Amazon to share more sellers information;
- Fraud and the Paycheck Protection Program...no, really?
- Companies slash dividends and it's a big number;
- The Wall Street Report
- Colleges sue the Trump administration.
Those stories plus you'll meet two summer interns who are working and learning at Tero International. Meet Jessica Durbala and Niko Dedic and what they are doing, where they hope to go and what opportunities are in front of them. To listen, click here.
Thanks for coming by!
This is going to be something different. All over the county there are young people attempting to make plans for their future careers. Now, in the midst of a pandemic, somethings change. But the desire to learn a trade continues. Here you will meet two summer interns working at Tero International. Jessica Durbala is a student at Columbia University in Chicago and Niko Dedic studies at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa. Both have very different career goals but it's great to listen to the hope and dedication they have toward learning and growing in their fields of study. Enjoy...we did.
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on Google Play, PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
National Tractor Parts Dealer Association
Oasis - A Paychex Company
The markets rebounded today on the promise of putting more money into the hands of Americans. That story and several more are just a click away:
- Stocks rallied and why;
- 24 percent of businesses expect layoffs;
- More retailers close their doors;
- Wall Street Report;
- The Restaurant Industry in a panic and why;
- Phil K. James and what he's doing to save restaurant jobs.
Those stories and you'll meet Rikkia Lillard from R.C.L. Productions in our Small Business Spotlight. An artist, playwright and producer of great events this is exactly what you need to hear today...and every day. Enjoy. To hear that conversation click here.
Thanks for listening!
The markets struggled all day and in the end the Dow missed making it back to the flat-line. It's the business news headlines for Thursday the 24th day of October. And, we've got a shorter segment today because we've got a rare two-part interview with the current Mayor of the City of Des Moines, Iowa, Frank Cownie. In the news:
- What happened today on Wall Street;
- Tesla is now the most valuable U.S. automaker;
- Flight Shaming...it's a thing;
- Twitter stock drops and we'll share why;
- Pot profits...going up in smoke.
Those stories plus a two-part long form interview with Mayor Frank Cownie. Mayor Cownie has served the city of Des Moines, Iowa for 16 years and he wants another four. I'll ask him why voters should reward him for that. Plus we'll talk about promises made and he says...kept. Here is Part One.
Then in Part Two we'll talk about the water issue that impacts not only Des Moines but also the surrounding communities that buy water from the Des Moines Water Works. We'll also get into flooding, climate change and more. Here is Part Two.
Thanks for listening!
It's the 12th day of March and thank for clicking through for the top business news stories of the day. These stories are just a click away:
- Wealthy folks bribe their kids into trendy colleges and universities;
- Boeing continues to have troubles with their stock and worried passengers;
- Dick's Sporting Goods to rid itself of rifles and some shoes;
- You may have forgotten about Lumber Liquidators but the SEC didn't;
- The UK votes against the Theresa May Brexit plan...now what;
- Windsor Heights said "no" to Aldi but not Waukee;
- Is it really a paid family leave proposal from Sen. Joni Ernst;
- What happened today and why on Wall Street.
Those stories plus I'll have a conversation about the Latino Community not only in Iowa but in the United States with Joe Henry an official with LULAC the League of United Latin American Citizens. And yes, we'll touch on the impact Latinos have on business, education, voting and more here in Iowa with LULAC Council 307. To hear that conversation click here.
Thanks for listening!
Click through to learn more about these top business news stories and later two great interviews:
- Markets hit a wall today and we'll share why;
- So, is Tesla REALLY going private? We've got an update;
- There is one job young people don't want even though it pays well;
- Grocery store plastic bags on the way out;
- No, Mr. President that is not the price of a Camero in China
Those stories the markets and our Restaurant of the Week is Central Standard. You've got to listen to our conversation with general manager Andy Crounse it's pretty clear why this new place was packed today at lunch.
Then you can click through to listen to Michael Lawrence the founder of something called BluJaket. He's pretty stoked about the mobile app and we were too once we heard what it can do for retail, restaurants and sporting/special events.
Thanks for coming by...and subscribe by hitting the FOLLOW button...OK?
We went "Out to Lunch" and met up with Andy Crounse the General Manager of Central Standard a restaurant that's been open for less than a month but...packed. So, what is it? The food? The service? The price? What if we told you it was all of that and more. Central Standard spent lots of time researching their customer base and then creating appeal. Click through and go Out to Lunch with us as we learn more about Central Standard of Waukee.
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday, hour-long business podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday starting at 4:30pm here on Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday at 2pm on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.