Wall Street opened slightly higher this morning before the markets turn south at mid-day. It's the business news headlines for Monday the 9th of September. Today, along with the headlines, we'll take you to Jefferson, Iowa and the new Pillar Technology facility there called The Forge. It's quite the experiment and you'll meet Mayor Craig Berry, student Safura Khan and we'll visit with California Congressman Ro Khanna about his vision for not only Jefferson but many other parts of America. Also today:
- Looking for a new gig? Amazon is hiring 30,000;
- The Popeye Chicken Sandwich story;
- There is a new darling of retail;
- Oil spill in the Bahamas;
- British Airways cancels nearly 100% of their flights;
- Food waste and technology;
- Our report out of Jefferson, Iowa.
Also, today is Monday and that means Laura Kinnard joins us from DMBizMixer.com for a conversation about business events in the Greater Des Moines, Iowa Metro. You can hear that wide ranging conversation here.
Thanks for listening!
- September 9, 2019