The stock market was set to open lower this morning but...SURPRISE at the open the Dow jumped up by over 100 points. Only to edge lower at mid-day. Why? That reason is in the newscast today. Also:
- The 401k lawsuits are mounting we share why;
- Johnson & Johnson must pay Oklahoma $572 million but the stock goes up;
- China says, "Hey, nobody called!" And that is part of the problem;
- China and Costco...we think it's a hit;
- Boeing and Russia...think lawsuit;
- Seeking nominations in Iowa.
Those stories and more today along with a look back at a conversation I had with California Congressman Ro Khanna who was instrumental in bringing high technology to Rural Iowa. That space in Jefferson will open to the public on September 7th. We thought it important to go back to last year and this conversation with the Congressman. Here is that conversation.
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday, hour-long business podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on Google Play, PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday at 2pm on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
- August 27, 2019