Wall Street struggled all day long as investors kept an eye toward earnings reports. In the end the Dow was up by just 17 points the Nasdaq gained 57 points on the back of tech and the S&P 500 was up by 8 points. Oil also gained on the day. In other news:
- We break down what stock buybacks do to CEO salaries;
- That Equifax settlement means you could get $20,000...but, now so fast;
- Facebook and a huge settlement coming;
- Ford is seeing its business in China sliding;
- Posting reviews about a business? Careful folks are getting sued;
- Job applicants suing companies who look at stuff without permission;
- People and Podcasts - We've got new numbers.
Those stories plus Laura Kinnard from Drake University, DMACC and Curated Growth is in to talk about business networking events and we spend some time talking about social media and B2B marketing. Think data and content. You can hear that conversation right here.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday, hour-long business podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on Google Play, PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday at 2pm on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
- July 22, 2019