It was predicted that the markets would open lower this morning and they did and then started to claw their way back above the flatline. It's the Business News Headlines for Thursday the 22nd of August. That story and these:
- Dick's Sporting Goods wins but takes a pass on gun sales;
- Jobless claims are in and it's a mixed bag;
- The Affordable Care Act is back in the news and growing;
- Thousands leave the private health care insurance world;
- Retail numbers are good, unless you are a department store;
- There was an opps with the Iowa Department of Public...Safety/
Those stories and our interview today is with Kim Robinson the owner of a video business, D2D Training, that trains door to door sales people. No, really! I had no idea how big this business is and we take a deep dive into sales and sales training videos. You can hear all of that right....here!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday, hour-long business podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on Google Play, PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday at 2pm on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
- August 22, 2019