They say that "hope springs eternal" and investors, before the bell where hoping for a good day on Wall Street. In the end the major markets were all down with the Dow off by 173 points as financials took it in the shorts. In other business news today:
- Home Depot beats estimates but...there is a but;
- A major retailer considers getting out of the gun sale business;
- Trouble brewing for American consumers;
- What? Guns being sold on Facebook Marketplace;
- Disney whistleblower says the company has misstated billions in revenue;
- New Google App for "emerging nations" could be 1 billion users.
Those stories and more along with Marketing4Business and Phil K. James of Good Milkshake Digital. He's back and this month our focus is on gathering data from your Facebook posts. What do you do with it? You sell more stuff. To hear that conversation click here.
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday, hour-long business podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on Google Play, PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday at 2pm on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
- August 20, 2019