It was not a pretty sight today on Wall Street as the Dow sank by over 800 points. Why? You might call it trade by twitter? Here's what we're talking about today, Monday the 5th of August:
- China and the dollar...theirs, and maybe ours;
- There was one stock sector that was up today...can you guess?
- Amazon putting pressure on its merchants to lower prices;
- A big bank eyes profits and cuts 4,000 jobs;
- The "hot job market" that may not be so...hot;
- Numbers and the Governor of Iowa;
- Sunday delivery coming but with lower wages;
- Newspaper news...Gannett is purchased.
Those stories plus a hyper-local conversation about the small community of Adel, Iowa and it's upcoming Sweet Corn Festival. My guest is the executive director of the Adel Area Partners Chamber, Deb Bengston. Here is that link.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday, hour-long business podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on Google Play, PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday at 2pm on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
- August 5, 2019