While it's not really business news this story could impact a decision to move to a state or...not. We're talking murder rates. It's the business news headlines for Monday the 8th day of August, thanks for being here. Also, remember that you can hook up with us all day on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here's what we've got for you today:
- States that lead in the rate of murders in ten years;
- You'll find that story amazing and not what you are expecting;
- The price of oil went up today;
- No, you can't switch "Made In" labels as this company learned;
- Two talking points from the Inflation Reduction Act;
- A big increase in social security payments?
- Some surprising inflation news from the New York Fed;
- The Wall Street Report;
- Serious concerns about the housing market.
For the interview we took this one on the road. My guest is Ken Chester the founder and host of Roadworthy Drive and we did it while we were rolling down the road. Hey we were talking about cars, technology and transportation so...why not. To listen to that conversation, click here.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
- August 8, 2022