Thanks for joining us for the business news headlines and stick around for a special two-part interview about the changing world of broadcasting. My guest is Jeff Stein the News and Program Director for News/Talk 1540 KXEL, based in Waterloo, Iowa. It's really an amazing behind the scenes look at how the media, be it print or broadcasting, has had to adjust their methods of sharing the news. But, first, here's what we've got for you today:
- A stunning number of Americans quit their jobs;
- Manufacturing in the U.S. has slowed down;
- The new Omicron numbers are sobering;
- But, the Blue Chips soared today;
- Ford announces production changes for the F-150 Lightning;
- Whoa, what? Meatless KFC chicken?
- 4 at Google get massive pay increases. The rest?
- The Wall Street Report;
- WeWork CEO getting into the apartment game.
Those stories and a two-part conversation about the media business, knowing your customers, changing delivery methods and all that entails. My guest is Jeff Stein from News/Talk 1540 KXEL based in Waterloo, Iowa but heard in multiple Midwestern states as the sun goes down. Here is Part One of that conversation and here is Part Two. Enjoy!
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
- January 4, 2022