Welcome to the Friday Edition of the Business News Headlines and a reminder that we're back on Sunday at Noon with Insight on Business the News Hour - Week in Review only on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. Here is what we've got for you today:
- Yet another job cut from a major corporation;
- We get to peek at a new Jeep next week;
- Tesla and a 5:1 stock split details;
- Changes in the Dow come Monday;
- MGM Casinos laying off thousands;
- Lord & Taylor is...toast;
- Amazon buying lots of vehicles both electric and conventional;
- The Wall Street Report
- Americans are saving...billions...and how they are doing it.
Usually on Friday we being you "Stuff to DO with Cityview" with Jeff Pitts. A light hearted look at events in the Greater Des Moines Metro. However, Jeff is a bit under the weather so we're skipping this week. It's the first time we've not done that in years. We wish Jeff a speedy and full recovery.
You can follow us on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour
Thanks for coming by!
- August 28, 2020