It was a choppy trading day on Wall Street and what Fed Chair Jerome Powell said…didn’t help. It’s the business news headlines for Wednesday the 22nd day of June, thanks for being with us again today. And, a reminder that you can follow along with us all day on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here is what we've got for you:
- The markets couldn't hold it together and why;
- A "Gas Tax Holiday" means what?
- Kraft is changing the name of its Macaroni and Cheese;
- Oil headed lower in price and why;
- Amazon has what is being called a "diversity problem";
- EV sales are booming yet automakers are cutting staff;
- FedEx has a new way to prove your package was delivered;
- The Wall Street Report;
- Job offers made just weeks ago being...rescinded and why.
For the interview you'll hear from a young man headed to DePaul University but first a side trip as a summer intern at a major training company. Learn what Lucas Haviland hopes to gain from this experience and more. To listen, just click here.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
- June 22, 2022