Did the U.S. rebuff China today and derail trade talks? Conflicting reports leads our newscast tonight. In other business news:
- New numbers sent the real estate market reeling;
- Remember 70% tax for millionaires? A billionaire says it, "Has legs";
- The widening pay and opportunity gap has people talking like it's 1937;
- The markets stumbled today;
- The Greater Des Moines, Iowa Partnership has 5 economic development goals for 2019.
Those stories and a conversation with historian, author and news director of News/Talk 1540 KXEL, Jeff Stein about his book "The Floppy Show". Jeff will be in Ankeny, Iowa on Thursday the 24th and in this conversation we look at the business mind of the late Duane Ellett the creator of Floppy. You really should go... Here is that conversation.
Thanks for listening!
- January 22, 2019