In yet another surprise U.S. jobless claims were up and over expectations. and that caused us to do a double take. It’s the business news headlines for Thursday the 21st of July, thanks, as always, everybody for being here. And, a reminder that you can hook up with us all day on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here is what we've got for you today:
- Those jobless numbers surprised and what that means;
- Wall Street posted another winning day;
- Fighting unions this time Chipotle?
- More corporate job cuts announced;
- EV prices and consumer reluctance but, there is a but;
- Snap stock...well, snaps;
- Consumers and brand loyalty. You need to hear this;
- The Wall Street Report;
- Americans now priced out of...America?
For the interview we're talking with Ro Crosbie the President/CEO of Tero International about the opportunities and the challenges of the remote workforce. How can leaders better position their workers and those teams? What should they know in advance and how can they become a motivating factor? Asked and answered right here.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
- July 21, 2022