Today, along with the business news headlines a conversation about the importance of refugees for not only businesses but also many rural communities. You'll meet Stephanie Moris and we'll also talk about World Refugee Day happening on the 20th of June. But, first these news stories:
- Spying on employees is...costly;
- Easing of trade tensions think U.S. and EU;
- A new chair for the FTC and she's 32;
- More news out of Lordstown, Ohio;
- Short sellers lose plenty betting against AMC;
- She is giving away a fortune...no, really;
- The Wall Street Report;
- Retail sales go south in May...and why;
- What? We may have a "New Facebook"?
Those stories plus this interesting conversation about refugees, business, communities and how they contribute to the economy. From creating new businesses to bolstering the population of small towns. You'll meet Stephanie Moris from the Refugee Alliance of Central Iowa. To listen, click right here.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
- June 15, 2021