Midweek and welcome back! You know, the last thing the economy needs is a rail strike…but looks like it’s what we get. The markets closed up…slightly and there was some good inflation news….about wholesale prices. It’s the business news headlines for Wednesday the 14th of September, thanks, everybody for being with us. Also, remember that you can hook up with us all day on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here's what we've got for you today:
- The looming rail strike and what that means;
- Amtrack already cuts service;
- The markets closed up as did oil;
- Good inflation news from wholesale prices;
- Job postings and wage transparency is a deal;
- Germany sold its stake in Lufthansa;
- California goes after Amazon;
- The Wall Street Report;
- More layoffs coming to Silicon Valley.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
- September 14, 2022