Tuesday Nov 01, 2022
The Business News Headlines 1 November 2022
Welcome to a brand new month! Coming up in the newscast today we take on the issue of crime. It’s being framed as an election issue…but what are the…facts? Should there be a tax on excessive oil company profits? Job openings are up…again. It’s the Tuesday, November 1st edition of the business news headlines…thanks everybody for being here. Also, remember that you can hook up with us all day on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here's what we've got for you today:
- The GOP is hammering the Democrats on crime but, there is a but;
- Taxing massive oil profits or...not?
- In a surprise the number of job openings increased;
- Oil gained on the day closing at $88.57 a barrel;
- Retailers want your "extra stuff" and willing to pay;
- New I-Bonds are out and the rates are not too shabby;
- Older workers...being "quietly fired"?
- The Wall Street Report;
- Wage transparency comes to American Express.
For the interview you'll hear from Steve Haas from the Fright Partners Group. If you ship anything, small to large you need to pay attention to what he has to say. It's really good stuff. You can hear that conversation by clicking this link.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.