Yesterday everybody was excited about earnings reports...today...not so much. We've got a full boat for you let's get started:
- Yesterday was a memory as retail sales numbers sank Wall Street;
- The United Auto Workers and General Motors...a settlement?
- Need new tires before winter? We've got a tip;
- Airlines are fretting over the return of the Boeing Max 737;
- The ghost of 2016 comes back to haunt Wells Fargo;
- Big meat is falling in love with...no meat.
Those stories plus my two-part interview with Des Moines mayoral candidate former Sen. Jack Hatch. In Part One we'll review who Jack is and why he is running. He'll talk about water, Des Moines, education and "forgotten neighborhoods". Here is Part One.
Then in Part Two we'll talk about something nobody seems to want to discuss and that is the crushing poverty just outside of downtown. He's got some ideas and we were eager to listen. Plus, and yes, we'll talk about potholes. Here is Part Two with Jack Hatch.
Thanks for listening!
- October 16, 2019