Checking out the business news headlines along with two great business interviews. Here is what we have on tap for you this afternoon:
- Shorter work week? How about a shorter work day?
- Whatcha going to do with that extra time off? How about a movie?
- IBM is being sued - Age Discrimination;
- We told you, budget cut are coming says the White House;
- China and U.S. Trade - What happened today on Wall Street.
Those stories plus we welcome back Laura Kinnard from DMBizMixer and Drake University with networking and business education events this week. Get your event published with #DMBizEvents on Twitter.
Also today, we're talking about the Des Moines River Project with Mat Swift. Mat is from Columbus, GA where they, five years ago, opened the nation's largest river adventure park and the result has been, in his words, "amazing". What does that have to do with Des Moines? Plenty and Mat says the Iowa capital is even better suited than his home town. You've got to hear this...
Thanks for clicking through...and you can join us on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour
What have we got for you this Friday afternoon? Plenty...and in case you had not heard the markets were pretty much flat today. We'll detail it all coming up. On tap today:
- Former Fed Chair Janet Yellen adds another voice of concern about the economy;
- Boycotting Nike? Uhm...looks like that move hasn't worked;
- Ten companies that have already felt the sting from the tariffs;
- Cord Cutters are seeing increases in streaming services...cheap doesn't last forever;
- What happened on Wall Street and why is just a click ahead!
Those stories and our Friday Funday conversation with Jeff Pitts from Cityview Magazine. Stuff to DO in the Des Moines Metro this weekend and into next week. Check it out.
And, thanks again for finding us...and subscribe for cryin' out loud!
It's the Business News Headlines on your time...each weekday we offer up some interesting business news items on your drive home...or while you're still at the office. Today we're covering these stories:
- Jeff Bezos is in with $2 billion to help young struggling families;
- Too big to fail did fail and who reaped the rewards? We'll lay it all out;
- Say it ain't so! Goodbye to the VW Bug;
- General Electric got smaller today;
- Job cuts from Meredith Publishing
- Target to add 120,000 jobs...from where?
- What happened and why on Wall Street
Today we'll also chat about AARP-Iowa with Brad Anderson and volunteer Don Corrigan you don't want to miss this learning experience.
It's time for HOCKEY in Iowa! Today, for the 6th time that the Iowa Wild open up their season we'll chat with the team president Todd Fredrickson and tell you about the NHL coming to Des Moines next week.
Thanks for clicking through!
The business news headlines for Monday the 10th of September. What's on tap? Click through for:
- The New Tax Law may have you paying more, not less in taxes;
- CBS to pay Moonves up to $120 million if...
- Nike has more to worry about and it comes in the form of Amazon;
- The next mobile technology is 5G who is doing what...we tell;
- Tipping, who tips more, how much is correct and more;
- What happened today and why on Wall Street.
Those stories and we'll also have a remix of a conversation with Melissa Vine who has not one but...four businesses she works at.
And here is a conversation with Angela Harrington about the amazing Hotel Grinnell. What did it take to create a first class hotel out of a school building built in 1921...and in a town of 10,000 people? Have a listen!
And, thank you for clicking through!
Each weekday at about 5pm Central we offer up the business news headlines. Items you many have seen or perhaps missed. We'll also tell you what happened on Wall Street and why. Today:
- U.S. Canada struggle to complete a "deal" by the deadline today;
- Got a DIY project this weekend? Home Depot and Lowes have deals;
- Ford scraps a vehicle that would have been a niche in the U.S. We'll tell you why;
- The 15 best cities in the nation and guess who is number 15...and then number 1;
- Having a baby soon? We have a suggestion for a name that could score you $11K;
- What happned on Wall Street and why?
Those stories and we'll tell you about FlashDine DSM with my Georgie Libbie (yes, we know her) and today, because it is Friday we've got "Stuff to DO in the Metro" with Jeff Pitts and Parker Reed from Cityview Magazine. Let's get to it!
Each weekday at 5pm Central we offer up the business news headlines along with what happened and why on Wall Street. Today you can learn more about:
- Trump Trade Tariff Talk - Back Again;
- It's Going to Happen - Campbell's Soup to Sell Stuff;
- Law Suit! - Papa John's (You knew this would happen);
- Christmas is 117 Days Away - Who's Counting?
- A Switch, Wells Fargo is Investigating...Wells Fargo;
- Sears Closing More Stores and Sales Rage Today;
- What Happened On Wall Street and Why.
Those stories and we'll talk about becoming a more successful influencer (yes, it can be taught) with Deborah Rinner from Tero International and then it's Marketing for Businsss Episode 26 with Phil K. James of Good Milkshake Digital it's all about Facebook Groups.
Thanks for coming by!
Each day we bring you the business news headlines and what happened on Wall Street and why. Toay we'll take a look at these stories...and some great interviews:
- Forget Trade Wars we've got Mattress Wars;
- Campbell's Soup up for sale? A big fight is looming;
- Elon Musk and his haters...gonna hate;
- We head west for Burning Man....what?
- The Markets had a good day...and we'll detail
Also today Laura Rowley will be speaking in Des Moines next week about the Future of Retail but we...got her first.
In addition Tiffany O'Donnell the CEO of Iowa Women Lead Change was in Des Moines so we sat down to talk about workforce efforts, leadership efforts and getting the economy to work for everybody.
The top business news stories today from Insight on Business the News Hour. Check out...
- What's the deal with September and the Markets? We tell all;
- There are companies out there with Unlimited Vacation and we'll share who;
- Tesla without Elon Musk?
- Six signs the a recession may be on the way;
- Oh, yeah...we've also got the markets. What happened on Wall Street and why.
And if you want to click through and listen to something we're calling "Quick Bites" from our "Out to Lunch" segment today with John Hale from the Hale Group.
Then we get into talking about something that isn't sexy but will impact every family in America...and the numbers are scary. "Out to Lunch" with John Hale at Vino 209.
Here are some of the top businss news stories for today along with what happened on Wall Street and why:
- It's a deal! But nobody knows much about it. We're talking trade and the U.S. and Mexico;
- Warren Buffett is taking a steak in a business he's never been in before;
- How would you like a 46% raise in pay? We've got a story about that;
- We've got two car stories for you;
- Kiss property tax dollars goodbye as the Feds will build a new courthouse downtown Des Moines.
Those stories plus a conversation with Beau Fodor from Panache about three upcoming farm to table events and you are invited to each. Always a great interview...Beau Fodor in the news. Then we'll hear from Laura Kinnard from Drake University about some business education opportunities and networking for business. We'v got a packed day...click on through!
Thanks for clicking through for Insight on Business News and Commentary. So much to share with you today:
- Sen. Bernie Sanders shocks Walmart, Amazon and others;
- L.L. Bean doing a good thing by putting their money "out there";
- The most stressed out people live in California but the rest of us are not far behind;
- The State of Iowa hands out a 7.5% raise...no not to people but for profit corporations;
- The Markets shrugged off troubles and climbed.
Those stories and we'll head to Vino 209 which is playing our host for the next month as we take thought leaders "Out to Lunch". You can also click into Friday Fun with Jeff, Parker and Michael as they talk about "Stuff to DO in the Metro".
It's all part of Friday!