Welcome to the Friday Edition of the business news headlines. Today we've got these stories ready for you:
- Anemic job numbers and wage growth put a damper on the week;
- More retail sales troubles;
- Why are brands leaving Amazon.com and what comes next;
- The Wall Street numbers for the day;
- Starter homes seem to be making a comeback.
Those stories plus a rare two-part conversation. This time it's about poverty in Iowa and the United States. That uncomfortable reality nobody seems to want to discuss. Today you'll hear from four activists who are bringing the Poor People's Campaign - A National Call for a Moral Revival to Des Moines, Iowa next week. Some stunning numbers and you may be surprised at just who the poor folks...are.
Part One of that interview with Rev. Jessica Petersen, labor leader John Campbell, activist Ayisha Al-Hassan and national organizer Clinton Wright can be heard here.
Part Two of the event scheduled for the 14th and 15th of January at the First Christian Church in the Drake Neighborhood can be heard here.
Thanks for listening!
January 10, 2020